Followers

About Me

My photo
Yes im me! Marlon the king of the dancehall, the real trendsetter. dancing is what i do for fun, bt anybody can dance you just have to have the love of dancing. i own the dancefloor though, me and a couple other friends in the UK

Thursday 22 October 2009

Evaluation of Unit 4-Creating a Record.

1. The actual atmosphere of Batman is dark, shadowy, mysterious, scary and highly tense.
Batman is a night time superhero who is unlikely to make an appearance in broad daylight. Batman is the type of hero that dislikes talking a lot or showing off. He is highly smart and always prefers to work alone on almost every occasion. Even though Batman does not have any super powers like super strength or super speed, his intelligents and close combat is a powerful force for the villains in the city of Gotham.

2. The musical ideas i have chosen to begin this work with was;
The shimmering- effect to give the the opening musical idea a dark and fierce feeling.
Underwater bass- to bring more drama to the musical idea.
Pop piano- this brings in the melody to the whole musical and also makes my musical atmosphere more sinister.
Dark pluming- this idea brought a the dark bit of the atmosphere and made the musical build up with suspense.
Pop strings smooth- this was the leading sound in the musical, it is the sound you will hear in the background all the way through.
I did actually rejected some things like the Blasting lasers. this was because i thought it would be a good idea at first but after watching the Batman opening over and over again i decided it was Un- necessary, i was not able to see anything to do with lasers throughout the opening.

3. I had to make some tough choices when doing this, because i kept changing the different number of tracks to the batman piece mainly to the fact i could not make my mind up on all the different types of sounds i wanted in it. I used 9 tracks separate with 4 consisting of the drop in the music piece, 3 for the starting and two for the ending of it.
I did end up taking out the bass piano track which was when my track numbers went to 9. My teacher MSM came straight away to my help the moment i asked for it. He helped me put the beats in the separate tracks more together, so the whole music piece can sound like a official recording.

4. The way i created my batman theme is by doing one note after the other at certain points, it used mainly 5 notes to get the riddim to it. It started going up first then in the middle it started going down then right back up.

5. At the end of the gotham city scene, there was a random sound playing and just 2 second after it finish that sound slowly faded out. The sound at the end was kin of the same has the sound in the beginning but more calmer.

6. To make my work more representative i would need to change up my ending, to a way that would get the examiner thinking, i would make it sound more like there is a mystery. I would also develop the way the whole flow of the music is, there is some out of tune parts in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment