Followers

About Me

My photo
Yes im me! Marlon the king of the dancehall, the real trendsetter. dancing is what i do for fun, bt anybody can dance you just have to have the love of dancing. i own the dancefloor though, me and a couple other friends in the UK

Friday 23 October 2009

GRAPHICS EVALUATION

EVALUATION FOR GRAPHICS

This all started in the first lesson of Graphics with my teacher. The first ting we started doing was finding information on what an artefact is and by also finding definitions of different types of artefacts. Homework was given out by our teacher to gather ideas of artefacts such as ‘machine made’ artefacts and hand-made artefacts. A radio was an example of a machine made artefact and a clay pot was an example of a hand-made artefact.


After a couple weeks learning about artefacts, we then moved on to looking at different Cd covers through out of the remaining lessons for the term. I had to look up on different ways people designed Cd covers and the type of software they used. For homework i went home and find different Cd cover examples and wrote about it. I thought things were getting too difficult at that period of time because what i needed to do was find images of Cd covers then cut them out and stick it in my book, but the problem was i do not have any kind of glue in my yard except for crazy glue.


For only two different lessons we started researching on different packaging such as a Skittles packet and a Doritos packet. Doing homework on this category and finding different packages helped me learn more about why these different packages are made and how. Now when certain packages is bought, i end up looking at the back of them for more information about it.



The teacher told me i had to design a Cd cover of my own before the term finish so i had to do ruff drafts of the design i will produce. My main theme for my Cd cover was Bob Marley, everything about my ruff drawings was to do with green, red, yellow and black colors. What i was thinking was that it was too much of the same colors for all of my drafts but then again the layout and drawing ideas were different. I produced some great idea but there were like two other i was not happy with. This was the main part in graphics that i enjoyed most.


Now it was at the stage where i was given top f the line , new drawing pads, to draw out my final idea for my Cd front, back and spine. I thought it would have been difficult using the drawing pads and before starting i was not feeling confident, because i did not think the idea i did on paper would come out as good on the imac computer.


I started off doing the back of my Cd cover first, by playing around with photoshop to get use to all the different tools and effects on it. I used the brush tool to draw out a picture of Bob Marley, but only a quarter of his Body. Using the drawing pad to draw him actually came out successful, i started gaining full control over it and in time it was all easy to use. The main background color for the back was green but it was a red color first before i changed it. After two lessons i ended up completing it fully with me happy with it. The lesson after i started the front and it took me only 2 hours of the graphics lesson to finish it, i actually thought it was easy and i was fully happy with it. The last lesson of graphics before the half term was when i started my spine Which i completed in around 15 minuites, considering the width was 0.7 centimeter and the length was only 12 centimeter.


After this completion i looked back on my work and realized i done a good job. It was a work i was fully satisfied with and a work i would really want to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment